What is hyaluronic acid?
It is a natural component of the body. It comes in the form of a compressible gel that takes up plenty of space between cells. It is synthesized mainly by the cells of the dermis and to a lesser extent by the cells of the epidermis.
Its production abounds in childhood until the end of growth and then steadily decreases with age. It is estimated that around age 50, the adult body has only half the amount present in childhood.
Its lifespan in the skin is less than 2 days!
How does hyaluronic acid work?
A major role in the hydration and tone of the skin
This is its key function! It is able to fix 1000 times its weight in water. It attracts and traps water like a sponge. As its "compartments" fill, it expands, becomes elastic, and increases its resistance to pressure. In short, a real shock absorber!
An essential action in the process of cell regeneration
It allows cell adhesion and migration, especially during healing. It is even an essential agent in the process of developing and maintaining the architecture of fabrics.
How do you extract this miracle molecule?
- From rooster ridges: by this method, chemical purification treatments do not remove all the solvents and other wastes.
- By bacterial fermentation: the methods and conditions of culture have a considerable impact on the quality and the yield. Our pharmaceutical expertise has enabled us to select one of the best manufacturing laboratories based in Czechoslovakia guaranteeing biotechnological production without GMOs and without materials of animal origin.
How to preserve it in your skin?
- Limit exposure to the sun, tobacco, alcohol, pollution and other toxins... to avoid destroying it.
- Provide your skin with a daily dose via a good, well-penetrating care cream and ideally at medium or low molecular weight to prevent hyaluronic acid from remaining on the surface. This is the case with our Ange Sensationnel cream.
- Inhibit its destruction by providing foods rich in antioxidants (fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C, turmeric, cinnamon, pepper...)
It's up to you to vary the solutions and the pleasures!